Earlier this week, Apple seeded the primary public betas of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, and tvOS 15 to the general public beta testers on the market within the wild. Sadly, macOS 12 Monterey didn’t make the preliminary lower. However now Apple’s right here to repair that subject.
For folk who’re able to check out macOS 12 forward of its public launch later this yr, the primary public beta is now obtainable to obtain and set up. You’ll must be correctly registered as a part of the general public beta program to get the brand new software program. In the event you aren’t already registered, you are able to do so right here.
In case you are registered and have your gadget(s) able to go, you’ll be able to obtain the pre-release software program as an over-the-air (OTA) replace by way of the Software program Replace device in System Preferences.
That is the half the place we inform you that the primary beta of any prerelease software program might be fairly tough. Even the general public beta. As such, you most likely don’t wish to set up this on a day by day driver. The prerelease software program might be not fairly prepared for day by day use on a bit of equipment that’s your one-and-only factor to get stuff finished on.
That being stated, if you’re going to strive it out, right here’s what’s new, no less than in short, in macOS 12:
What’s new in macOS Monterey
The brand new options, briefly
- The brand new software program helps up to date FaceTime with SharePlay
- Shortcuts make the leap to Mac
- Common Management makes it doable to make use of a single mouse and/or keyboard with a number of units without delay
- AirPlay to Mac is lastly a factor
- Safari now helps a significant redesign (once more), and presents Tab Teams and a brand new tab toolbar for simpler entry
- Extensions are improved in macOS Monterey
The brand new public beta is accessible now.