Apple launched the primary public beta of macOS 12 Monterey final week, which implies that anybody can now check out the most recent macOS. The most recent macOS 12 Monterey comes with a number of new options and enhancements. When you’ve been desirous to check out the brand new software program, then now you can set up the macOS 12 public beta.
On this article, you’ll learn to obtain the macOS 12 Monterey public beta and set up it in your Mac.
Additionally see: macOS Monterey wallpaper variations in gentle and darkish mode
Will my Mac help macOS 12?
In case your Mac is listed under, then you possibly can set up the macOS 12 public beta and check out the brand new options.
- Mac mini 2014 or later
- MacBook 2015 or later
- MacBook Professional 2015 or later
- MacBook Air 2015 or later
- iMac 2015 or later
- iMac Professional 2017 or later (all fashions)
- Mac Professional 2013 or later
The right way to get macOS 12 public beta in your Mac
Earlier than putting in the macOS 12 public beta in your supported Mac, we might extremely advocate that you just make a backup utilizing Time Machine. If one thing goes flawed with the set up, then your information and settings shall be secure. Public betas are a lot safer to put in in comparison with a developer beta, so that you hopefully received’t come throughout any main points.
To put in macOS 12 public beta in your Mac, you’ll first have to obtain and set up the beta profile. Right here’s how to do this.
1) Launch Safari in your Mac and head over to beta.apple.com.
2) Register utilizing your Apple ID and password.
3) After you check in, scroll right down to Get Began and click on on enroll your Mac.
4) Within the subsequent web page, click on on Obtain the macOS Public Beta Entry Utility.
5) Open the downloaded bundle referred to as macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.dmg after which click on on macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.pkg to run the installer.
6) Observe the directions, comply with Apple’s software program license settlement, enter your password or use TouchID, and click on Set up Software program.
The installer will advocate to take a Time Machine backup earlier than you begin.
Set up macOS 12 public beta on Mac
Now, you will get to putting in the macOS 12 public beta by way of Software program Replace. After putting in the beta profile, the Apple Software program Replace window ought to seem mechanically. If it doesn’t, click on on the Apple brand within the Menu Bar, choose About this Mac > Software program Replace. The macOS 12 Monterey public beta needs to be out there for improve, and right here’s how you can set up it.
1) Click on on the Improve button to start out the method.
2) Choose Proceed within the window that seems, and comply with the license settlement.
3) Select the drive or partition (set up the OS on a partition), and click on Proceed.
4) Enter your Mac password or use TouchID, and eventually click on on Restart.
Your Mac will now restart and set up the macOS 12 public beta on the chosen onerous drive or partition. Look forward to the Mac to reboot after which enter your Apple password to check out the all new macOS 12 Monterey.
Earlier than you begin downloading the macOS 12 Monterey public beta and putting in it in your Macs, we’d wish to let you know that that is nonetheless beta software program. Sure, it needs to be higher than putting in the macOS 12 developer beta, however there nonetheless is likely to be some bugs. Apple will launch the ultimate macOS 12 Monterey software program later this fall, and that’s when most of it is best to get it. Nevertheless, when you’re itching to strive the brand new software program, then this information will certainly assist you to out.
Additionally see: The right way to set up iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 Public beta in your iPhone or iPad