Alongside the brand new iMac 24-inch announcement in April this yr, Apple additionally unveiled a brand new ‘Hey’ screensaver in macOS Large Sur. The brand new screensaver confirmed off the brand new colours of the M1 iMac lineup. Within the screensaver, the greeting ‘whats up’ seems in vivid animation and totally different languages. The iMac 24-inch options an all new design, and is on the market in seven colors.
The Hey screensaver wasn’t accessible to all macOS Large Sur customers, until you bought the brand new 24-inch iMac. In case you have a type of, then you possibly can allow the screensaver from the Show choices in Settings. Nevertheless, Apple did embrace the screensaver in macOS Large Sur, however didn’t allow it. On this publish, you’ll discover ways to set up the Hey screensaver in your Mac.
Additionally see: The right way to arrange a Dynamic Wallpaper on macOS Large Sur
The right way to set up the Hey screensaver on macOS Large Sur
Earlier than we get on with the directions, you must know that the Hey screensaver is simply accessible on macOS Large Sur 11.3 or later. It would work with each Intel and Apple Silicon Macs. The screensaver may additionally seem within the Show choices of some M1 Macs, however that’s not assured. Though the screensaver is on the market in macOS, it won’t be put in. Right here’s tips on how to set up it and make it seem within the Screensaver settings.
1) In Finder, maintain down the Possibility key and click on on Go.
2) Navigate to Library > Display Savers.
3) Discover the Hey.saver file and duplicate it to your Desktop.
4) Rename the copied file to one thing similar to Hey, whereas holding the .saver extension.
5) Double click on on the renamed file to begin its set up. It ought to open up in System Preferences. Click on Set up.
6) Enter your Mac password or authenticate utilizing Contact ID.
As soon as the set up is accomplished, the Hey screensaver shall be accessible within the Desktop & Screensaver menu alongside different screensavers. To entry this, click on on the Apple emblem within the Menu Bar and navigate to System Preferences > Desktop & Screensaver.
Alter the screensaver
When you choose the brand new Hey screensaver within the Desktop & Screensaver menu, you’ll be supplied with some Display Saver Choices. Clicking on it will allow you to modify the screensaver as per your liking.
- You possibly can select to point out the ‘whats up’ greeting in all languages.
- Make the screensaver match your system look.
- Select between All, Mushy Tones, Spectrum, and Minimal animations. The All choice cycles via the remainder of the animations, Mushy Tones makes use of pastel colours for the textual content, Spectrum is extra consistent with the iMac colours, and Minimal makes use of totally different shades of gray for background in addition to the textual content.
Additionally see: Video suggestions and tips for utilizing Apple’s colourful 24-inch M1-powered iMac
Though the ‘Hey’ screensaver will look greatest on one of many new 24-inch iMacs, you may nonetheless apply it to your MacBook Professional, Mac Professional, and Mac mini. The refined animations and the greeting ‘whats up’ being proven in numerous languages make it a cool screensaver. We’re undecided why Apple hasn’t enabled the screensaver by default on macOS Large Sur, however we hope this tutorial helped you put in it anyway.