The App Switcher is, a minimum of in my view, one of the vital underwhelming interfaces on the iPhone. The total-screen card switcher interface makes such poor use of the expansive display actual property that it’s no shock we see so many jailbreak tweaks trying to repair this.
The newest of such tweaks is one known as Vaon by iOS developer atar13, which not solely converts the App Switcher from a card-based interface to a grid-based one, but additionally provides an iOS 14-style battery widget to the underside.
With Vaon, you possibly can view the battery percentages of your iPhone and any of its linked units at a look each time you employ the App Switcher:
Similar to the native iOS 14 House Display widget, this one exhibits the battery percentages of your iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods, together with different pertaining equipment such because the AirPods charging case.
Regardless that the App Switcher takes on extra of a grid-based aesthetic with Vaon, the mechanic of swiping up on app previews stays.
As soon as put in, Vaon provides a devoted choice pane to the Settings app the place customers can configure the tweak to their liking:
Choices supplied right here embrace:
- Toggling Vaon on or off on demand
- Selecting between a Inventory or Grid-based App Switcher
- Enabling or disabling the battery module
- Configuring the battery module
- Hiding the background
- Hiding the App Switcher titles
- Hiding the App Switcher icons
- Hiding the recommended apps and handoff banner
- Enabling or disabling fly in/out animations
- Enabling or disabling the fade-in delay
- Adjusting the fade-in delay through a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized peak sizing through a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized width sizing through a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized vertical offset through a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized app sizes through a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized app spacing through a slider
- Respringing your system to avoid wasting any modifications you’ve made
Digging deeper into the battery module configuration choice pane, it will appear that the next choices can be found to finish customers:
- Conceal iPhone battery
- Conceal the % image
- Allow daring share textual content
- Make the battery indicator corners rounder
- Pulsate the define of charging units
- Show or cover linked units
- Enabling and adjusting customized system glyph sizes through a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized battery cell sizes through a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized share font sizes through a slider
I’m a reasonably large fan of Vaon and what it does for the iPhone’s in any other case fundamental App Switcher, so I’m excited concerning the tweak being free. These excited by giving the tweak a attempt can obtain it totally free from atar13’s repository through their favourite bundle supervisor.
In case you aren’t already utilizing atar13’s repository, then you possibly can add it to your bundle supervisor of selection through the next URL:
Vaon helps jailbroken iOS 14 units and is open supply on the developer’s GitHub web page for these excited by studying extra about what makes it tick.
What are your ideas about what Vaon brings to the desk for the App Switcher on pwned units? Tell us within the feedback part down beneath.